Answer: At the beginning of the game you have a number of different nations to select from, all have different traits and strengths. Each come with their own Commander, but you will unlock more of these commanders anyway as you play through the game.
Some extra relevant information:
When it comes to choosing the best nation in Rise of Kingdoms, there isn’t a definitive answer, as the “best” nation largely depends on your playstyle and personal preferences. Each nation has its unique strengths and bonuses that cater to different strategies and gameplay styles. Here are a few popular nations and their notable features:
1. Rome: Known for its strong infantry units and defensive capabilities, Rome excels at defending and holding positions. Their unique unit, the Legionnaire, receives bonuses to defense, making them formidable on the battlefield. Rome also gains extra marching speed and resource production.
2. Germany: Germany is a great choice for players who prefer an aggressive playstyle. They have powerful cavalry units and gain troop training speed bonuses. Germany’s unique unit, the Teutonic Knight, deals massive damage to enemy infantry, making them ideal for fast-paced conquests.
3. Britain: If archery is your preferred tactic, Britain is a nation worth considering. Their unique unit, the Longbowman, has long-range attack capabilities and deals extra damage to enemy cavalry. Britain also has improved gathering speed, making resource collection more efficient.
4. China: China is a versatile nation with a focus on city development and economic growth. Their unique unit, the Chu-Ko-Nu, has a rapid-fire attack that damages multiple enemies. China also gains extra building speed and research bonuses, allowing for quick technological advancements.
5. Japan: Japan specializes in gathering and resource production. They receive resource production bonuses and have a unique unit called the Samurai, who excel in dealing damage against infantry. Japan also benefits from increased troop load capacity, making it useful for transporting resources and troops.
Ultimately, the best nation to choose depends on your playstyle and the goals you want to achieve within the game. Consider your preferred tactics, whether it involves attacking, defending, gathering, or developing your cities, and choose a nation whose bonuses align with your strategy. Experimenting with different nations can also be beneficial to find the one that best suits your style of play.